Runners who surpass specific fundraising levels earn some pretty jolly fundraising awards. Prizes will be announced in October.
- Top Fundraiser
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Recruiting Team
- Santa Walk Off Winner
Fundraising is a major hurdle for a lot of participants. Use these tips to get started and help San Francisco AIDS Foundation end the transmission of HIV.
- Personalize your fundraising page. Tell your story and add a cute photo! The email templates provided in your participant center are a great starting point. But, writing a personalized ask has far more impact.
- Set a higher fundraising goal. The higher your goal, the more folks will donate! Consider making a self-donation and asking donors to match it. Donors are half as likely to donate if you fundraising is at zero.
- Explain the facts. Let folks know that you will be participating in Santa Skivvies Run—probably in your underwear—and that you need their help to reach your fundraising goal. Remind them that they have an opportunity to help San Francisco AIDS Foundation prevent new HIV infections and promote health among those living with HIV.
- Give them a deadline. Everyone waits until the last moment to donate. Let folks know and send them frequent and charming reminders.
- Let them come to you. Don't forget to include a link to your personal fundraising page. You can find the link here.
- Go social. Ask for support to reach your fundraising goal on your Facebook page and Instagram. Remember to thank each individual with another Facebook post when they donate!
- Get creative! Anything original will get you attention that expresses your passion for the cause. Perhaps go on a pretend training run in your underwear and share the photo and your fundraising link on social media
Need help with your fundraising? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org—we are happy to help!