Your donation at work
Donations to San Francisco AIDS Foundation help provide essential services for HIV prevention and care. While government funding sometimes provides the bulk of the resources to deliver vital services, private support like yours bridges the gap (an average of 30%) and provides us the resources to expand critical services beyond current government funding limitations and fully serve those in need.
- $3,000 supports a Positive Force seminar where people who have been newly diagnosed with HIV can learn about living well with HIV and connect with other people who are HIV-positive.
- $1,000 could provide rapid HIV antibody test kits for 40 individuals at any one of our multiple testing sites.
- $500 could provide funding for up to 50 members of the Elizabeth Taylor 50-Plus Network to come together twice a month in order to offer support for individuals disproportionally hit by anxiety, depression, loneliness and isolation. Ensuring that survivors of the epidemic are empowered through community.
- $250 could provide necessary funding for our weekly TransLife Support Group to discuss health and wellness issues and build community to give people the support they need and the family they long for.
- $100 affords a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator the ability to attend medical appointments for up to 25 clients, providing moral support and helping clients advocate for themselves.
Learn more about the work of San Francisco AIDS Foundation at www.sfaf.org.