Your donation at work
Donations to San Francisco AIDS Foundation help provide essential services for HIV prevention and care. While government funding sometimes provides the bulk of the resources to deliver vital services, private support like yours bridges the gap (an average of 30%) and provides us the resources to expand critical services beyond current government funding limitations and fully serve those in need.
- $1,000 supports a Positive Force seminar where people who have been newly diagnosed with HIV can learn about living well with HIV and connect with other people who are HIV-positive.
- $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people.
- $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
- $10 can help provide 143 condoms to our clients at all of our service sites.
In addition to our programs and services, our public policy work has a national scope: We are helping inform and implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, as well as the formulation of HIV/AIDS components of national healthcare reform legislation. Your support helps people in every corner of the country who are impacted by HIV.
San Francisco AIDS Foundation is rated four out of four stars by Charity Navigator, the premiere charity rating organization, because of our track record of sound financial management and commitment to accountability and transparency. Only 25% of rated charities in the United States have achieved a 4-star rating.